Tuesday, April 16, 2013

If I Were To Write A Book. . .

Funny this should be a prompt in my 30-Day Blog-A-Thon, because that's exactly what I intend to do this coming year.

We are embarking on a new adventure as a family and I plan to document it as best as I can. Many will be able to live it with me just in blog posts alone, but I think that the journey of a sarcastic parenting blogger and stay-at-home-mom turned "missionary" would be quite the entertaining story. Especially with a back-story like the one we have as well. I've wanted to write a book my entire life and I truly feel like there's no time like the present, even more than I ever have before.

So, if I were to write a book. . .it would be about LIFE. About the raw and the real and they transparency of a woman who has been through the trenches and how God can and has given her a new purpose. I would want the pages to be full of dirt and honesty and insecurity, because that is what life is all about. But I would also want it to be about unwavering faith and providence. Because I've found, with everything that I've been through that THAT is what life is about as well. I'm excited about this project, and I promise that I will share excerpts as they are written.

First things first, however. We must get settled into new life in Nicaragua in T-minus 46 days and counting. I cannot believe we are so close to this new chapter in our lives! We are packing and organizing and sorting and freaking out a bit too. But we are READY. We are looking forward to all that Central American culture has to offer us. New cuisine, new language, new friends. And an opportunity to live out love and blessing on people so much less fortunate than us. We want to help, and in more ways that just the tangible. We can't wait to offer ourselves to the people we meet. If you want to experience even MORE of this journey than what I will write about here, feel free to follow along on our other blog at Abroad Perspective.

And stay tuned, ya'll! That book is "in the works"!! I can't wait to share it with the world someday!

5 comments:

  1. I wish you well in writing your book! I know it will be a great story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. as a book junkie- i can't wait to hear more about your book :) www.heyjudedylan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see all of it! Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss Michelle - I am so excited to read your book!

    p.s. I nominated you for an Epic award - check it out! http://camomsworld.blogspot.com/2013/04/this-one-is-epic.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a new reader and a new fan! Love your blog. Your new journey sounds amazing. God bless and take care. Look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete