Saturday, September 29, 2012

Things I've Learned This Week


It never ceases to amaze me that the little space between the driver’s seat and the center console in my car will fit any object that can possibly be dropped, but will not fit a hand.

My house looks like we had a major party here. Which would be awesome if we’d had a major party here.

I truly have to remember how frustrating life can be as a toddler. Mine are having a difficult go of it lately and I have to stop and remember that they are not little adults. They are kids. They are trying. They are failing. They need our guidance, not always our criticism.

Netflix now has all three seasons of Drop Dead Diva. There goes all my plans of blogging at night....

Processing a thought in this house is about as easy as watching a silent movie blindfolded.

As my mind is on clothes this month due to the fast I'm on, I can't help but notice how many outfits line the shelf in my boys room. There is enough outfits in there to clothe my son's entire kindergarten class for at least two weeks. Easy. Somehow, every morning, all he wants to wear is a superhero t-shirt. Figures.

Coffee~proof that God knew parents of small children would need help facing their day....

Whenever I lock a car up I always press the button twice in a row to let all nearby thieves know that I mean business.

Considering what Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark did with their wealth, Bill Gates should be ashamed of himself.

Whenever I start feeling spontaneous, my bank account quietly reminds me to calm the heck down.

What I don’t understand is how Dora is a five-year-old bilingual explorer but she needs help to figure out which of her books is red....

So happy the roofers are finally done after two full days of constant, ear-splitting noise. I'm pretty sure I need to commit my dog to a PTSD support group though.

I keep having odd dreams about me cooking strange recipes. It's more odd that I'm dreaming about cooking than it is that I made a pineapple queso, but Whatevs. Maybe I'm turning over a new leaf.

I'm going to start my own cooking show. I think I'll call it “Cookin’ Stuff in the Microwave”. This, my friends, is my specialty.

It is entirely impossible to out-nice the staff at Chick-Fil-A. If you try, you will get laughed at. They are professionals.

START OVER TODAY. This is what I keep telling myself. Start new every morning. Forgive your kids, forgive yourself. Wipe the slate clean today. Forget all the spilled milks from yesterday, all the dirtied laundry, disrespectful words spoken, unleashed anger, tried and failed attempts to have as much patience with the kids as God has with us, all the selfish ways that we showed love yesterday. . .We get a "Do-Over"!! 
"But there's one other thing I remember, and keep remembering, I keep a grip on hope: God's loyal love can't run out, His merciful love doesn't dry up. They are created new each and every morning. How great is your faithfulness, God!"
Lamentations 3:22-23


Happy Weekend Peeps!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Miss Banana Pants!!! This is my first visit to your blog (recommendation from Beth at Through the Eyes of the Mrs). YOU ARE MY NEW FAVORITE!!! This list is the story of my life. Newest follower, and pretty psyched about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was awesome!

    I loved the quote you started with. I just wish there was enough forgiveness to make it a reality more often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In response to what you learned this week I realize I know:

    My truck is old enough (1997) that I no longer have vehicle scratch stress to worry about.

    I'm old enough to also not be worrying about my scratches.

    I'm old enough to know all those scratches have stories to tell.

    That two accounts of the same event makes me believe in alternative universes.

    I am never going to stop being a parent. The older my kids get the more I want to impact their lives.

    I do not know what I don't know and I don't know how that affects what I do know.

    That evidently muscles don't remember exercises that I just did last week because they are screaming at me about them.

    I flew this week and I think that airlines believe in Don't ask Don't tell strongly. I know something is going on but their attitude is "don't ask because we don't tell".

    That travelers should have some kind of fluorescence potion they could buy and put on their stuff so you can see it when you check out of your room.... I'm missing something.

    That pillows do not get enough praise.


    ReplyDelete