Saturday, November 3, 2012

Things I've Learned This Week

If Obama wins, I'm leaving the country. If Romney wins, I'm still leaving the country. This is not a political post.  I just want to travel.  Nicaragua HERE I COME!

Packing for a trip abroad is a lot harder than I thought. Although it could just be because my kids keep sneaking action figures and toilet paper rolls in my bag. "You'll need this, mommy". For all I know, he may be right. . .

Daylight Savings Time ends this weekend, which means it’ll pretty much be dark as soon as you finish your lunch.

The bags under my eyes would be so much cuter if they had designer labels.

When I was little I didn’t care about things like what to wear, my parents dressed me. Looking back at some of my old pictures, it’s obvious that my parents didn’t care either.

You know you're getting old when your year of birth is no longer immediately visible in drop-down menus and you have to start scrolling down.

Halloween is by far the safest day to kill a person and leave them in a chair on your porch.

I’m not cleaning this week. I’m going to tell everyone the cobwebs and dust are part of the Halloween decorations.

I hate it when I pick my child up from school and realize he's wearing navy blue pants and a black shirt. I thought they were both black this morning. SMH. I need to learn to function more properly in the mornings or my son will be labeled the "little hobo boy".

When I die, I want to be cremated and put inside an Etch-a-Sketch.

Taylor Swift waved at a boy yesterday and he didn’t wave back… So she will probably have a new album coming out tomorrow.

Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram have taught us that for every giant technological leap ahead, we will find a way to use it for dumb crap.

Apple pie is a perfectly acceptable midnight snack, right? I mean, I haven't had my quota of fruits today, so it seems fitting that I try to work it in before I head to bed. . .

“Cleaning your house with children in it is like brushing your teeth while eating Oreos”.
So true…. which is why my philosophy is to not even try. And to eat Oreos.


Guess what's for dinner when mom doesn't want to go to the store for groceries? ....frozen pizza, Cheeto puffs, and bananas. I think we hit all the food groups, right?

I have decoded toddler language ... "shh" means louder! Who knew?!

**Despite what I may think, God never gives me more than I can handle. 

3 comments:

  1. Have fun! Sometimes us mommies need a getaway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog and am now a new follower :):) you had me when you said you're leaving the country no matter who wins the election....I feel the same way lol. I can't wait to read more posts of yours :)

    please come check out my blog and follow along if you like what you see!
    http://braceface87.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant wait to take my first trip outside of the country. Im hoping my husband get new orders and it happens next year. Im one of yiur new followers from tell me about it tuesdays. You can follow me back at http://www.navywif33.com

    ReplyDelete