Thursday, November 1, 2012

I Hope You Stay Awhile

If you are new to the MBP family, this post is for YOU. If you're not, you may want to keep reading anyway just because you love me a lot and I may say something randomly funny and completely irrelevant at any moment.

Monkey Dander.

I've decided that since our little blog community is growing by the minute (thank you all for sharing me on your facebooks and other blogs!), I'd do a little introduction every month and let you know where to find the good stuff. (As if it isn't ALL good stuff, but I digress.)

Without further adou, here are November's Feature Posts:


Secrets of Parenthood: Why Didn't Anyone Tell Me??
The following secrets are morsels that I wished parents would have shared with me before I had children.  I feel as though they may be more important than those petty breathing exercises that you're taught in Lamaze. Nevertheless, they are all facts that I picked up by pure experience.




My Perfect Alibi
One of the unforseen perks of this motherhood gig is the ability to deflect all gross and unladylike behavior. I revel in these magical days when my kid cannot verbally defend himself. Those days are slowly but surely coming to a close as his vocabulary grows every single day. What follows, however, is an account of how one mom, in all her poopy, dirty, tardy glory, can blame any and every unflattering and smelly occurrences on a pint-sized mute.





Hot Moms Drive 
Mini-Vans
What’s the big deal, you may wonder. Well, I have a confession: I will NEVER drive a minivan. Ever. I’ll ride a bicycle. Take the bus. Hitchhike. Segway. Use my good ole-fashioned “ChevroLegs.” You may be wondering why I feel this way, and it’s pretty simple.....








Wanna Be Sister Wives?
Because I am fascinated by all things deemed “socially wrong” and have a hard time turning down the bounty of jokes such programs offer, I grabbed a bowl of popcorn and a Bible (for research purposes) and settled in for the hour-long ride of the season premiere that I had recorded on DVR.TLC’s hit show follows the boring-while-scandalous lives of a polygamous family.One husband. Four Wives. A crap ton of kids with daddy and multiple-mommy issues....

For those of you who have read and commented on my blog posts for months, thank you so much for being a part of a community that continues to encourage and inspire me! Your thoughts and comments mean the world to me. In fact, I'd just LOVE it if you'd connect with me on a more intimate level. . .say, maybe. . . .FACEBOOK?  
Here's to a fabulous Novemeber!! We've got great things coming up that I can't wait to share!! Stay beautiful, my little Banana Brains!!
xoxo,
Miss Banana Pants

7 comments:

  1. I like this idea! I might have to try it. I love the Why Didn't Anyone Tell Me post. Now that Oliver is getting bigger, I can relate to a lot of it. You should hear him say Millennium Falcon - Lets just say it sounds like the other words that start with M and F! Makes for some interesting looks at the grocery store! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay, that's hilarious. We had a few words like that as the boys learned to talk that could be. . ."questionable". I tried to completely avoid the word "Truck" at all costs for awhile and call it a "pick-up". Kids are hysterical. Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. new[est] follower. loved this post, and loving your blog! can't wait to keep following along!

    stop by sometime!
    kalobandelise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elise, thanks so much for stopping by and following! Now I get to go and check your little space out as well! Can't wait!

      Delete
  4. Hey MBP, love your blog! Would love to win one of the 8 free ad spots on here. Thanks for the opportunity!

    I'm over at Shinnanigans! (http://www.shinn-anigans.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly, I read your blog too! Love your constant shinnanigans and you and the hubby are so adorable! Thanks for the love!

      Delete