Friday, December 2, 2011
Confessions of a Multitasker
I'll share my list in hopes that one of these tactics will be just the tip you needed to save that 5 extra seconds that will change your life forever.
Confession time. I have been known to...
1. Talk on the phone while typing an email.
Neither is ever very intelligible.
2. Talk on the phone (hands free) incessantly while driving.
Actually, I don't know if my car even functions unless my speakerphone is blaring through my stereo and I have a friend on the line.
3. Talk on the phone while running on the elliptical machine at the gym.
Please excuse the heavy breathing.
4. Do a bit of dancing while brushing my teeth.
Hey, if I'm just standing there brushing for 2 minutes, I might as well try to burn off an M&M or two.
5. Do standing leg lifts while flossing.
Luckily, flossing doesn't take very long.
6. Squeeze in a mini workout while making dinner.
Stair push-ups until the microwave pings, lunges while waiting for the water to boil. Embarrassing!
7. Update my FB status while running my first 5K.
And I didn't trip once!
8. Read my scriptures while in the plank position (for abdominal strength).
Man, it sure sounds like I should be in better shape!
9. Eat oatmeal out of a PAPER CUP while driving to work, and eat while driving in general.
Well, that explains it.
10. Eat cereal in the shower.
The cereal is in a bowl, of course, while I am the one in the tub. Does that make it any better?
11. Read a book while blow drying my hair.
Everything's fine and dandy until it's time to turn the page.
12. Read a book while making dinner.
Stir with one hand, hold book with the other.
13. Text while vacuuming.
But usually only if I'm responding to a text I received, and I always get them right away because I also listen to podcasts while I vacuum.
14. Check email on iPhone while running on treadmill.
15. Change clothes while driving.
In my defense, I was 18 years old, invincible, and driving in lightly populated areas. And my car was an automatic volkswagon with bench seats.
So, are there any embarrassing admissions you'd like to make? Believe it or not, there are a couple that I was wise enough to keep to myself.