Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I'm Married to Rip Van Winkle

(image: www.weheartit.com)

I don’t know how it is in your household, but in mine, there’s a WORLD of difference between when I get sick and when my husband gets sick.  We’re talking night and day contrast, people.  You see, he turns into a 30-something-year-old baby when he’s under the weather, whereas I must continue with life as normal, sniffles and aches, be gone!
It was just last week when my other half came home and dramatically announced to the family that he had come down with my son's cold.  He then proceeded to collapse onto the living room sofa and pass out for the next TWELVE FREAKING HOURS.  Meanwhile, the dog had chewed up Stinker’s new sandals (AGAIN!!!) and my kindergartner was having a four-alarm, no holds-barred meltdown over a homework assignment.  The next town over could’ve heard all the commotion, yet, miraculously, Rip Van Winkle managed to sleep his way through the entire three-ring circus!  Seriously, WTH, dude?!  How do you NOT hear all those wails and shrieks?!
And even though I promised myself that I would absolutely, under no circumstances come down with the same ailment, I, too, eventually caught the stupid germs and achoo’d my way through the entire weekend.  However, I still had to do laundry, go to the grocery store, and host a monthly book club meeting.  Ya see, the show must go on even when Mama’s feeling like poo.  Injustice anyone?

8 comments:

  1. Injustice indeed! Unfortunately I have an identical situation going on in our household...HOW is this fair?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was last week and thankfully we are all feeling better. Sometimes it makes me go crazy. Other times I just want to plot my next sickness out right around the times when a football game or XBox event is happenning and commit myself to the bedroom for quarentine to read books and "ride it out" like he does. Maybe someday. . .

      Delete
  2. Try being a single mom and sick and still doing all these things. Uffda!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, I can't even begin to imagine how they do it! Superwomen, I tell ya!

      Delete
  3. I needed this today! You are so perfectly spot on in this one! Thank you for the laugh and for reminding me I am not alone!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, sometimes it's just nice to hear that it happens at other's homes too! It definitely does for me! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  4. Ah, YES it's injustice! A friend and I were talking about this very thing the other day. So glad to know that I'm not alone! Thanks Girl! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy, thanks for chiming in. I've done a lot of comparing and this seems to be the general consensus. The "weaker sex", my behind! Not during cold and flu season!

      Delete