Friday, October 12, 2012

Simplifying Life: The Power of Veto OR Clothes 3.0

I'm just going to get real honest with ya'll and admit just how much this week sucked. Almost every area of my life seems to being going absolute bonkers and as much as I try, I can't seem to reign it in. I've done decently in the clothing department. I DID have to use the "Power of Veto" once.  One of the shirts that I had chosen as one of my seven articles just wasn't working for me. Actually, I hadn't worn it yet. It was chosen to go with my leggings as a more "dressy" item, but I made the mistake of not trying it on before this month began and as I went to put it on for the first time, it wasn't happening. It has shrunk or I have gained or something because it was WAY too small. What's a girl to do?? At this exact same time, I realized how none of the shirts that I'd picked out for this month's fast were long sleeved and surprisingly, Oklahoma decided that it was done with fall and moved right along into winter without asking for my permission first. (Which I wouldn't have given, so that's probably why it didn't ask. . .) It got bloody cold pretty darn fast and I was left shivering in my short-sleeved Thunder shirt. So when I found out that this one shirt was NOT going to get me by, I decided to trade it in for a hoodie. Thus, making it my new permanent everyday shirt. Things are warming back up a bit, so I still have options, but who knew Oklahoma was going to skip the Fall season?

Anywho, back to my crazy-bad week. I've been in "blahsville" with no expectation of leaving anytime soon. All week long, my mood has worsened and worsened.  I touched a bit on the funk that I felt I was falling into last week, but this week, I allowed myself to waller in the funk a bit. Shame on me, I know. Apparently, clothing says a whole lot about my mood. I think I may have a hint as to why. . .

Creativity.

I am a creative person. I love making things new. I guess, in a silly way, putting on a new outfit everyday gets the creative juices flowing for me. Allows me to wipe away the funk from yesterday and start again on a blank slate. I feel a bit like my wardrobe is an outlet that I use in which to describe myself. I wish I didn't rely on it so heavily, but it's true.  If I can't change the outside up a bit, I get to feeling mighty stagnant and stale on the inside. I cannot tell you how many people this week asked "Are you okay?". I must have this look on my face that says that I'm depressed of sorts. I'm not, and actually, more in my life is RIGHT than has been in a very long time, but apparently I've been borderline walking zombie status among others.  I hate that the outward adornment makes that much of difference.

So, with that understood, I'm taking my pink hoodie and my other 6 articles of clothing and I'm headed for some R&R.  Some girlfriends and I are headed to the mountains this weekend to veg in a cabin in the woods and read and write and gab and play board games and watch chick flicks and stay in our pajamas the entire time. Of course, MY pajamas will be my black, running shorts and Thunder shirt (shocker, I know!), but who's keeping track?  It should be fun and give me a chance to start my last week of this Clothes fast off right. No need to impress. No reason to go out. Just baring our souls to other chicks who may feel a little "in a funk" lately too. I'm looking forward to it.

Above all, I'm looking forward to wearing something different in T-minus 10 days and counting. I may just throw on a feather boa and cowboy boots and head to Wal-Mart, just because I finally can. And I've been meaning to put those two accessories together for awhile. I just know they will be the next "black".

Have a fantabulous weekend, friends! Leave me a little message! Let me know what YOU'RE up to this weekend. . .

Read the conclusion of my 
month-long Clothes Fast Here:

1 comment:

  1. I better be having a baby! Today's my due date and I am being none-too-patient about it! Hope you have fun on your girls' weekend!

    ReplyDelete